Partnering with First Place for Youth is an investment in our community’s future.
With your help, we can help move our community forward into greater levels of economic and social well-being. Current and former foster kids, ages 18 to 24, are trained and supported at First Place to be job ready.
Job applicants from our program are resourceful and resilient. They are eager to give back to their community and contribute to our local economy. First Place will ensure that your needs are being met through active and consistent communication with our staff.
A partnership with First Place can also:
- Qualify you for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, which can save your business up to $2,400 per hire
- Bring community recognition to your business
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Host a Job Shadow
- Provide Volunteer Tutors
- Participate on an Employer Panel
- Promote Current Job Openings
- Conduct Mock Interviews
- Sponsor an Intern
- Facilitate a Skill-Building Workshop
- Hire a First Place Participant!
Some key partners of First Place for Youth include:
Aviation-Marine Insurance, Bruni Glass, Fenton’s Creamery, Goodwill Industries, Green Clean Los Angeles, L.A. Live, Nelson Staffing, Rising Sun, Safeway Corporation, T.J. Maxx, West Coast Children’s Clinic, and Zurich Insurance.