Steps to Success
Steps to Success is designed to meet the unique needs of current and former foster kids as they plan for their future careers.
The program supports both their education and employment pursuits:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or GED certificate
• Enrollment in post-secondary education or vocational training program
• Completion of industry-recognized certificates
• Seeking and securing sustainable living-wage employment
• Education planning, course selection, and tutoring
• Financial aid and scholarship applications
• Leveraging existing on-campus resources
• Job search and job retention strategies
• Resume and cover letter writing
• Workplace readiness skill-building
• Career counseling
Click here to read more about Ways for Employers to Get Involved to help foster kids join the workforce.
Click here to read more about Ways for Educators to Get Involved to help foster kids succeed in education.