Every December, our Bay Area Youth Holiday Party brings First Place staff and youth together to celebrate as a community.
We know that this time of year can be especially difficult without family connections and support. That’s why we want to make sure all our young people get to experience the warmth and joy of a meal in the company of friends and gifts for the holidays. With a little bit of help from you, our friends, we can make the season bright for foster youth!
We’re looking for donations of food and gifts, as well as volunteers to help on the day of the party. Our greatest need at this time is for:
- Large uncarved turkeys (cooked)
- Large sliced hams (cooked)
- Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Stuffing (regular and vegetarian)
- Desserts (Pies, cakes, cookies, and brownies)
- Fresh fruit (oranges, apples, grapes, etc.)
- Soft Drinks, Juice, and Water
- $25 gift cards to retail stores or restaurants
- New, unwrapped toys for ages 0-10 years.
- Volunteers to staff meat carving stations and serve food
If you have any questions or want to sign up, please contact Connie Handlin at email@example.com or 510-272-0979 ext. 301
Not in the Bay Area?
You can also make a monetary donation and identify your gift as being in honor of “Holiday Party.” (Any donations that exceed the costs of the party will be redirected to the First Place general fund to support our programs).
Can’t donate or volunteer?
You can help by spreading the word! Share this post on facebook, twitter, etc., and encourage your friends to sign up to donate or volunteer.