Reports To: Communications Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Part-Time upto 10 hours/week : Flexible Schedule
Compensation: $20 per hour
The Communications and Social Media Intern will support First Place for Youth with expanding our reach on social media and with general communications projects that promote the organization on the local, statewide, and national levels. The intern will assist the Communications Manager in creating content for social media, maintaining and updating websites, tracking and reporting key metrics, and providing support to the organization’s general fundraising efforts. The Communications and Social Media Intern is interested in growing their skills in public relations, writing, editing, and multi-media.
- Assist Communications Manager in identifying compelling content to feature across social media platforms and websites by searching for/tracking relevant news stories, research, and other media
- Help maintain content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Produce engaging written and visual content for websites, email, and social media platforms as guided by content calendars
- Post to social media platforms using scheduling tools
- Make updates to website, including SEO improvements
- Track social and website analytics, compiling periodic reports on reach, growth, and other key metrics
- Provide support editing and proofreading content created by others
- Other duties as assigned.
- An interest in social media, including working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Well-organized and meticulous attention to detail, including strong proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Commitment to mission of First Place for Youth
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (or similar programs)
- Experience with WordPress
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=311827&source=CC2&lang=en_US