Reports To: Director of Data and Performance Management
Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends as needed
Compensation: Part-time 20 hrs a week ,$26 per hour
The Evaluation and Learning Research Fellow is a member of the Evaluation and Learning Department team, and provides research, analysis, and survey support to First Place for Youth. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about and contribute to measurement and evaluation at a leading, award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to improving outcomes for our program youth.
The primary responsibilities of the position are to:, support internal and external evaluation projects, provide data entry support to direct service staff, maintain youth files, and conduct follow-up assessments (via surveys, phone calls, and focus groups) with First Place alumni. Additionally, this individual will ensure accurate and timely data is input into the In House Alameda County and Los Angeles Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS).
- Support small scale evaluation projects and literature reviews through research and project management.
- Assist in the delivery of a comprehensive plan to find and assess youth after they exit the My First Place program; using multiple methods to contact youth, such as: phone, email, letters, and internet resource
- Contribute to department newsletter and organizational issue briefs
- Support improvements to training and documentation materials to ensure data integrity and program efficacy
- Accurately, and in a timely fashion, enter participant assessments, service transactions, and other data into agency databases
- Conduct one-on-one assessments with program alumni to gather pertinent data about their current status and the impact of services
- Work collaboratively with members of the Evaluation and Learning team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate-level coursework desired
- Experience with data reporting in a social service agency preferred
- Experience conducting research using mixed methods
- Experience with conducting interviews, survey research, and focus groups
- Demonstrated commitment to helping improve the lives of disadvantaged populations
- Computer literacy with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer and other basic software applications
- Experience with program evaluation methods desired
- Strong Microsoft Excel and SPSS or ETO skills desired
- Ability to effectively monitor numerous data related details and accurately identify any errors or missing information
- Sound judgment and very strong organizational and customer service skills
- Friendly, flexible, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and handle complex situations in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude, patience, and tact.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness even when experiencing changes in work responsibilities
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=281399&source=CC2&lang=en_US