Reports To: Housing Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Monday through Friday, evenings and weekends as needed
Compensation: Part-time, commensurate with experience.
Under the supervision of the Housing Manager, this position will carry out administrative tasks to support the Housing and Facilities Department in securing program housing, administering systems and processes to manage properties and facilities and ensuring collaborative internal and external relations. Responsibilities include preparing forms and documents, excel spreadsheets and generating reports using Microsoft Office and a property management database, creating and managing work flows, answering calls, creating and maintaining files, and greeting visitors. The housing specialist will utilize superior administrative and organizational skills to assist in the management of Landlord, property and Vendor data including assisting in tracking the accurate and timely processing of monthly rent payments and invoices as well as opening and closing work orders and managing and updating the master key list. This position will require flexibility to occasionally act as a back-up to support the full time Housing Specialist in conducting unit inspections, posting notices, copying keys and preparing forms.
Provide primary administrative support to the Housing and Facilities Department including but not limited to:
- Manage landlord relations including preparing landlord packets, creating and closing files, tracking leases and inspections, ensuring accurate monthly payments, receiving complaints and inquiries, managing contact information, etc.
- Handle standard administrative duties including, processing department mail,preparing expense vouchers, creating spreadsheets and electronic documents,generating reports, managing archive files, creating and managing electronic and hard files, providing phone coverage, and ordering office supplies
- Provide back-up support and coverage to the full time Housing Specialist including preparing for and conducting tenant move in/out, conducting inspections, processing work orders.
- Will require some travel within five Bay Area counties, primarily the City of Oakland.
- Assist in managing Vendor list and documents and scheduling appointments for repairs to units and facilities, coding and entering invoices into property
- Assist in overseeing master key system and updating key list
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
OHA HOUSING PROGRAM SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an inventory of appropriate units for OHA Housing program participants by networking with landlords, renter’s associations, property management businesses a permanent housing providers in assigned county
- Ensure properties are physically maintained and meet habitability and safety standar accordance with program regulations and First Place guidelines.
- Conduct move-in/out, annual and special inspections including lead paint assessmen Document condition of units and work with landlords, vendors and maintenance staf perform necessary work.
- Oversee all maintenance, repairs and unit turnovers in accordance with established Maintenance Policy and Procedure which includes receiving requests, opening work and tracking progress in the property management database, inspecting or verifying completed correctly, and closing out work order documenting expenses
- Update daily/weekly property management software, tracking systems and program databases to support property, resident and program evaluation and outcomes tracking. This also includes confirming program funding source is accurate and updated.
- Complete and timely process required department paperwork including leases, notices, tenant close-outs, landlord close-outs, check requests, invoices and reports
- Adhere to all fair housing, ADA, landlord/tenant and program laws/regulations
- Attend weekly program meetings, monthly agency staff meetings, and individual weekly supervision with Housing Manager
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and within respective department providing information and follow-up
- Cultivate, preserve and exercise professional and responsive external relations with vendors, landlords, neighbors, and other community partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates a capacity to secure and manage housing in a supportive housing program
- Two years of experience working in affordable housing and/or residential property management setting
- Working knowledge of landlord-tenant, fair housing, and ADA laws with the ability to comprehend regulatory and legal agreements, contracts, Housing Quality Standards (HQS) and housing industry publications. Subsidized housing regulation experience desired.
- Minimum of one year administrative, office, accounting, and/or customer service experience utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferably as a leasing agent,
assistant property manager or in a property management setting.
- Experience working with resident service providers preferred and Working knowledge of work order systems and basic apartment maintenance required
- Ability to organize and manage processes and facilitate schedules and logistics
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level accuracy and personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
- Capacity to work independently in the field, and a willingness to work collaboratively
- Ability to assume leadership and take initiative in the absence of the full time Housing Specialist.
- Learn and adhere to complex regulatory requirements.
- Maintain landlord and vendor account payables ledgers under supervision.
- Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
- Must have a dependable car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=308727&source=CC2&lang=en_US