Reports To: Director Of Programs -Alameda and SF Counties
Location: Oakland, CA
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Compensation: Full Time
The Intake Specialists is the initial contact point for in-care and emancipated foster youth who are looking to access the My First Place supported housing program. The Intake Specialist is responsible for completing intake documents, researching and providing resident referrals to support services and oversees the assessment, referral and admission process for youth entering program. The Intake Specialist conducts outreach and marketing efforts through presentations and one to one meetings with youth and youth referral resources. This Intake Specialist must be able to communicate the My First Place program accurately and the steps to enter youth into housing to both youth and referral sources. The Specialist will be responsible for collecting and administering key assessment tools and intake documents from youth and county social workers, the Specialist will lead internal Slating meetings with county team members to review assessment findings and make recommendations regarding entrance into program and necessary service supports for youth.
Case Management & Coordination (70%)
- Participate in the youth intake process; conduct initial youth assessments; support initial youth entrance treatment/service plans.
- Participation at weekly clinical staff meetings. Ability to present youth for entrance into program with accurate information needed to make program entrance decisions.
- Provide youth with referrals to support services and familiarity with community service providers. Oversee the intake process to ensure that the necessary paperwork to facilitate youth moving into MFP is collected in a timely and seamless manner according to First Place internal processes, county billing requirements, and licensing regulations.
- Confirm eligibility of potential participants including completing required eligibility documents as applicable with youth.
- Coordinate with Housing Specialist to ensure unit certification process.
- Lead county Slating meetings to discuss assessment findings, discuss appropriateness for housing, and support services needed for youth.
- Collaborate and maintain consistent communication with County Social Workers and Probation Officers to complete all documentation accurately and thoroughly to ensure youth are timely moved into program.
- Lead Program Day activities – ensure youth and their social workers/PO’s attend the meeting and are clear about the process and requirements for moving into housing.
- Effectively communicate with broad referral base including County Social Workers, Probation Officers, and staff and community partners; develop and maintain community relationships. Ability to effectively communicate the My First Place program to external stakeholders. Attendance at regular community outreach meetings in order to develop and maintain community relationships is required
- Attend weekly program meetings, monthly agency staff meetings, and individual weekly supervision with County Manager.
- Enter all data on time and correctly to support program evaluation and outcomes tracking
- Ensure proper and timely documentation of services including written case notes
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and within respective department
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in a discipline to be eligible to register with the BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
- Professional License preferred
- Two years Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and certification.
- Must be comfortable working in community settings.
- High level of personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
- Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to work independently
- Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
Required of all staff for successful performance at First Place
RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- Intentional use of data to improve performance
- Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation
- Detail and Results orientation
- Demonstrates good work habits
- Resiliency in persisting through setbacks
- Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment.
- Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work
- Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision
- Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions
- Prioritizes goals for success.
INVESTMENT IN OTHERS
- Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others
- Collaborates to set and achieve goals that comport with First Place’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes
- Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives
- Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success
- Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success
- Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth
- Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues or youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Asks questions in order to learn and encourage dialogue
- Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work
- Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame
- Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth and First Place
- Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in ONE document to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=417bb098-c12e-4e4b-ad8c-69dde4f46f54&jobId=109086&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001