In a year of unforeseen challenges, First Place never lost site of the big picture: the need to remove the barriers to success and change the odds for all foster youth. Last year, we and our affiliate partners served 1,583 young people, with 677 receiving housing, education and employment coaching, and comprehensive wraparound supports through our flagship My First Place™ program.
- 84% of eligible My First Place (MFP) participants enrolled in post-secondary programs.
- 82% of MFP participants obtained employment.
- 97% of MFP participants avoided arrest while in program.
- 97% of MFP partipants avoided pregnancy while in program.
- 96% of participants who spend a year in My First Place transition to a stable home after leaving program.